不過這遊戲實際完成、翻譯然後上架 Steam ,
不知道是幾年後的事了。

對我而言,
寫出文法正確的英文就很困難了,
但是翻譯專有名詞更困難,
「魔神」、「魔王」和「魔族」該怎麼翻就折騰我好久……

Introducing a developing retro RPG The Lord of the Swords

0.png

Hi all, I am Sounding Stone, an independent game developer. I love pen-and-paper RPGs, visual novels, and psychology.

I’d like to introduce you The Lord of the Swords, which is a retro role-playing game I am developing. It is expected to be four-chapter long and I am currently working on the first chapter.

I plan to ask a professional translator to translate my work to English after completing the development of this game. So, the screenshots currently presented are still in traditional Chinese, I hope you don't mind.

Story Background

Philia is an old friend of yours and your senior pupil Meadow’s. She is the abbess of the border temple and has taken care of many orphans. Visiting Philia and the orphans is what you and Meadow expect the most every month.

Recently, a pair of twin orphans will be adopted by an old couple soon. Meadow has already sewed some stuffed toys as the farewell gifts for the twin. However, at that moment, you and Meadow still have no idea. You both have no idea about the approaching war between humans and dark ones...

Main Characters

1.jpg
Meadow
Meadow is your senior pupil in swordsmanship and sorcery. He often invites you to visit the border temple. He also sews stuffed toys for the orphans in the border temple. He feels inferior to you because he is not as talented as you.

2.jpg
Philia
Philia is a friend of yours and Meadow’s, serving as the abbess of the border temple. No matter what happens to her, she always appears to be very calm and never overreacts. In her mind, she actually has a dream that one day everyone in the world can be equal.

3.jpg
Military Advisor of Dark Realm
She is the representative of Dark Lord. She is not only unscrupulous for her goals but also ambitious. She is also a knowledge scholar mastering Five Swords forged by Dark Mother.

4.jpg
Heroic Prince
He is the direct descendant of the 1st Heroic King who sealed Dark Mother. As he admires 1st Heroic King, he devoted significant amount of money and effort to the adventurer's guild, which set off a wave of people becoming heroes.

Game features

5.jpg

A role-playing game in which you decide the role you play
You can create your avatar in the world of The Lord of the Swords, setting your own race, gender, temperament, class and name. Through the options, you can say what you want to say, do what you want to do, influence the fate of other characters and the whole world.

6.jpg

7.jpg

A retro and innovative style
The Lord of the Swords is a tribute to classical role-playing games, deliberately retro on themes, art and music. In this game, the story of the war between heroes and Dark Lord is told. The storyline will also lead you a journey of pondering why humans and dark ones fight endlessly.

8.jpg

Highly tactical turn-based combats
You and your opponents will fight in fair conditions. You shouldn't only pay attention to the roles of classes, the combinations of skills and even the dust of a mine pit, but also opponents’ strengths, weaknesses and action patterns in order to win every combat.

9.jpg

10.jpg

Adventure is not only hack-and-slash
Killing a dark one is no longer just about gaining experience points and items. It means that you HAVE KILLED a dark one. Locked thresholds, incomprehensible inscriptions and terrains will block your way. You have to overcome them with non-combat skills such as lock-picking, Elemental Speech, grappling etc.

11.jpg
短篇「王道」RPG《魔王鬥勇者:和平締造者・序章》: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1796080/ 戀愛恐解《案件EX:女友的秘密》:https://store.steampowered.com/app/1959530/

Lv5.捕梦者

梦石
星屑
在线时间
1914 小时
注册时间
2010-11-14
帖子

R考场第七期纪念奖

发表于 2019-1-31 00:41:18 | 显示全部楼层
非常的与国际接轨
话说魔剑的魔字没有翻译出来是有意为之吗……

点评

二來按老外的邏輯,那幾把魔劍如果在劇中那麼有名,劍直接大寫就可以了,不必再解釋那是什麼劍。  发表于 2019-1-31 01:00
是的,一來五大魔劍翻 Five Swords of Sorcery 有點囉嗦,  发表于 2019-1-31 00:57
用头画头像,用脚写脚本
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

Lv3.寻梦者

梦石
星屑
在线时间
1964 小时
注册时间
2013-1-3
帖子
发表于 2019-1-31 00:43:29 | 显示全部楼层
看来这是一项庞大的汉译英工程

点评

專有名詞多,劇情分歧也很多 orz  发表于 2019-1-31 00:55
《宿愿·寻剑篇》正式版已经发布!快去看看!点击进入论坛发布贴
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

Lv3.寻梦者

梦石
星屑
在线时间
485 小时
注册时间
2018-6-18
帖子
发表于 2019-1-31 07:47:26 手机端发表。 | 显示全部楼层
这个战斗场面太棒了~ 台湾的朋友可以在youtube发游戏的视频赚广告收益呢!貌似欧美观众的分成最高! 可惜广告分成系统youtube对大陆用户不开放……

点评

謝謝你 : )  发表于 2019-1-31 09:11
好的游戏在公平和开放的平台总会有发光的时候~ 支持你!  发表于 2019-1-31 08:48
謝謝~ YouTuber 真能賺到錢的也就那些超有名的 up 主,我們遊戲製作者如果要請他們玩我們的遊戲,還得付錢呢 XD  发表于 2019-1-31 08:16
回复 支持 1 反对 0

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

拿上你的纸笔,建造一个属于你的梦想世界,加入吧。
 注册会员
找回密码

站长信箱:[email protected]|手机版|小黑屋|无图版|Project1游戏制作

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 07:48